Issued 05:30 PM EDT 30 September 2023
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind light increasing to south 20 knots late this evening and to south 30 Sunday morning. Wind diminishing to south 20 Sunday afternoon.
Scattered flurries ending Sunday morning. Periods of drizzle Sunday evening with a risk of freezing drizzle.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 September 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 7258N 13755W to 7145N 13251W to 7203N
12726W to Banks Island near 7230N 12516W. Sea ice north of the ice
Second ice edge estimated from Stefansson Island near 7329N 10429W
to Prince of Wales Island near 7329N 10137W. Sea ice north of the
Third ice edge estimated from Brodeur Peninsula near 7152N 9000W to
7137N 9126W to Nunavut near 7022N 9144W. Sea ice east of the ice
1 tenth old ice except 6 tenths old ice in the northwestern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 30 September 2023 Tonight and Sunday At 0000 UTC Sunday departing ridge located from 69N 120W to
At 0000 UTC Sunday intensifying low 992 mb located at 75N 161W.
By 0000 UTC Monday trough from 986 mb low located from 83N 156W
to 80N 122W then to 73N 133W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: