Issued 05:30 AM EDT 30 September 2023
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southwest 15 knots increasing to southwest 20 late this morning then diminishing to southwest 15 early this afternoon. Wind diminishing to light late this afternoon then increasing to south 15 late this evening. Wind increasing to south 20 after midnight and to south 25 Sunday morning. Wind diminishing to south 15 Sunday evening.
Scattered flurries ending Sunday morning. Flurries Sunday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 September 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 7258N 13755W to 7145N 13251W to 7205N
12725W to Banks Island near 7237N 12504W. Sea ice north of the ice
Second ice edge estimated from Stefansson Island near 7321N 10431W
to Prince of Wales Island near 7325N 10126W. Sea ice north of the
Third ice edge estimated from Brodeur Peninsula near 7154N 9005W to
7142N 9128W to 6953N 9049W to Nunavut near 6916N 8908W. Sea ice east
of the ice edge.
1 tenth old ice except 6 tenths old ice in the northwestern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 30 September 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday At 1200 UTC Saturday departing ridge located from 73N 120W to
At 1200 UTC Saturday intensifying low 999 mb located at 72N 170W.
By 0000 UTC Monday low 986 mb located at 81N 152W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: