Issued 07:00 PM MDT 16 August 2018
Tonight and Friday.
Wind west 20 knots veering to northwest 25 Friday morning then diminishing to northwest 15 early Friday evening.
Snow beginning this evening changing to chance of flurries Friday. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 16 August 2018 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
1 tenth old ice except 7 tenths old ice in the eastern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 16 August 2018 Tonight and Friday At 0000 UTC Friday deepening low 985 mb located at 76N 125W.
By 0000 UTC Saturday low 982 mb located at 72N 107W.
At 0000 UTC Friday dissipating trough from 985 mb low located over
73N 107W extending westward.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: