Issued 07:00 AM MDT 27 September 2023
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind east 20 knots veering to southeast 15 this afternoon then diminishing to light this evening. Wind becoming west 15 near noon Thursday then diminishing to light Thursday evening.
Showers or flurries early this morning changing to flurries and ending this evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 September 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 7258N 13755W to 7145N 13251W to 7209N
12801W to Banks Island near 7251N 12507W. Sea ice north of the ice
Second ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 7334N 10428W to
Prince of Wales Island near 7342N 10104W. Sea ice north of the ice
Third ice edge estimated from Brodeur Peninsula near 7154N 9005W to
7142N 9128W to 7021N 8925W to 6914N 8711W to Nunavut near 6844N
8756W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 2 tenths old ice in the extreme northern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 27 September 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday At 1200 UTC Wednesday departing ridge from 1023 mb high located
from 74N 108W to 76N 120W then to 72N 144W.
At 1200 UTC Wednesday low 1007 mb located at 69N 135W.
By 0000 UTC Friday low 1009 mb located at 77N 134W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: