Issued 07:00 AM MDT 26 September 2023
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light increasing to southeast 15 knots near noon then backing to east 20 this evening. Wind veering to southeast 15 Wednesday afternoon then diminishing to light Wednesday evening.
Showers or flurries Wednesday afternoon changing to flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Temperatures near plus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 September 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 7258N 13920W to 7215N 13545W to 7200N
12800W to Banks Island near 7251N 12507W. Sea ice north of the ice
Second ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 7334N 10428W to
7325N 10252W to Prince of Wales Island near 7342N 10104W. Sea ice
north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Brodeur Peninsula near 7143N 8953W to
7130N 9115W to Nunavut near 6900N 8831W. Sea ice east of the ice
Bergy water except 2 tenths old ice in the extreme northern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 26 September 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 1200 UTC Tuesday departing ridge from 1021 mb high located from
71N 120W to 77N 146W.
At 0000 UTC Thursday approaching low 1009 mb located at 71N 135W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: