Issued 05:30 AM EDT 04 October 2022
Forecasts are unavailable until further request.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 3 October 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 7236N 8032W to
7227N 7915W to Bylot Island near 7247N 7900W. Sea ice northwest of
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 7217N 7458W to
7228N 7406W to 7244N 7448W to Baffin Island near 7234N 7538W. Sea
ice west of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Bylot Island near 7256N 7603W to 7336N
7413W to 7406N 7528W to near 7456N 7305W then eastwards. Sea ice
west of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 4 October 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 1200 UTC Tuesday departing low 978 mb located at 64N 73W.
At 1200 UTC Tuesday ridge from 1030 mb high located from 75N 135W
to 67N 116W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday ridge from 1039 mb high located from 67N 99W
to 73N 95W.
At 1200 UTC Tuesday low 993 mb located at 75N 64W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday quasi-stationary low 994 mb located at 76N 66W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: