Issued 05:30 AM EDT 26 September 2023
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northwest 15 knots diminishing to light early this afternoon. Wind light tonight and Wednesday.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 26 September 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7342N 11549W to
7317N 10947W to Victoria Island near 7332N 10656W. Sea ice north of
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Prince of Wales Island near 7354N
9735W to Cornwallis Island near 7458N 9623W. Sea ice west of the ice
Third ice edge estimated from Cornwallis Island near 7533N 9414W to
Devon Island near 7615N 9347W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7432N 8939W to
7415N 8919W to Brodeur Peninsula near 7349N 8652W. Sea ice east of
the ice edge.
Fifth ice edge estimated from Borden Peninsula near 7326N 8110W to
Bylot Island near 7324N 8052W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Sixth ice edge estimated from Bylot Island near 7252N 7603W to 7247N
7405W to 7514N 7505W to 7513N 7321W then eastward. Sea ice northwest
of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 8 tenths old ice in the extreme northeastern
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 26 September 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 1200 UTC Tuesday low 989 mb located at 71N 90W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday low 997 mb located at 71N 64W.
At 1200 UTC Tuesday ridge from 1021 mb high located from 71N 120W
to 66N 109W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday ridge from 1023 mb high located from 75N 106W
to 65N 80W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: