Issued 05:30 PM EDT 28 September 2022
Forecasts are unavailable until further request.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 28 September 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from near 7346N 10336W to 7414N 10312W to
7420N 9515W to Somerset Island near 7408N 9408W. Sea ice north of
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 7317N 8112W to
Bylot Island near 7318N 8049W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Bylot Island near 7339N 7802W to near
7542N 7352W then eastwards. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 28 September 2022 Tonight and Thursday At 0000 UTC Thursday low 988 mb located at 69N 95W.
By 0000 UTC Friday low 991 mb located at 65N 73W.
At 0000 UTC Thursday ridge located from 75N 140W to 67N 125W.
By 0000 UTC Friday ridge located from 77N 140W to 67N 108W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Baillie - eastern half
- Baillie - western half
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: