Issued 05:30 AM EDT 28 September 2023
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind south 15 knots diminishing to light late this evening. Wind light Friday.
Scattered flurries Friday afternoon and evening.
Temperatures near minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 27 September 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7334N 11522W to
7319N 10947W to Victoria Island near 7332N 10656W. Sea ice north of
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Prince of Wales Island near 7354N
9735W to Cornwallis Island near 7458N 9623W. Sea ice west of the ice
Third ice edge estimated from Cornwallis Island near 7533N 9414W to
Devon Island near 7615N 9347W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7432N 8939W to
7415N 8919W to Brodeur Peninsula near 7349N 8652W. Sea ice east of
the ice edge.
Fifth ice edge estimated from Borden Peninsula near 7320N 8111W to
Bylot Island near 7320N 8053W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Sixth ice edge estimated from Bylot Island near 7252N 7603W to 7247N
7405W to 7514N 7505W to 7513N 7321W then eastward. Sea ice northwest
of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 2 tenths old ice in the northeastern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 27 September 2023 Tonight and Thursday At 0000 UTC Thursday trough from 998 mb low located from 70N 65W
to 77N 71W.
By 0000 UTC Friday trough located from 67N 54W to 76N 67W.
At 0000 UTC Thursday ridge from 1024 mb high located from 74N 103W
to 67N 87W.
By 0000 UTC Friday ridge from 1027 mb high located from 81N 69W
to 68N 114W.
At 0000 UTC Friday approaching low 997 mb located at 65N 93W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: