Issued 05:30 PM EDT 25 September 2021
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind east 20 knots becoming east 15 to 20 early Sunday morning then becoming east 15 Sunday evening.
Flurries ending this evening. Snow Sunday. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Temperatures near minus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 25 September 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 7245N 7725W to
Bylot Island near 7252N 7717W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Bylot Island near 7346N 8036W to
7400N 8215W to 7421N 8830W to Devon Island near 7436N 8910W. Sea ice
south and west of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7523N 7930W to 7558N
7449W then northeastward. Sea ice northwest of the ice edge.
7 tenths old ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 25 September 2021 Tonight and Sunday At 0000 UTC Sunday trough from 995 mb low located from 66N 113W
to 72N 135W.
By 0000 UTC Monday trough from 1003 mb low located from 71N 113W
to 75N 139W.
At 0000 UTC Sunday building ridge located from 80N 120W to 67N 154W.
By 0000 UTC Monday ridge located from 85N 126W to 73N 149W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: