Issued 05:30 AM EDT 30 September 2023
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind light increasing to southwest 15 knots late this morning then backing to south 20 Sunday afternoon. Wind diminishing to south 15 Sunday evening.
Flurries ending overnight. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 29 September 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7334N 11522W to
7319N 10947W to Victoria Island near 7332N 10656W. Sea ice north of
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Prince of Wales Island near 7354N
9735W to Cornwallis Island near 7458N 9623W. Sea ice west of the ice
Third ice edge estimated from Cornwallis Island near 7533N 9414W to
Devon Island near 7615N 9347W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7432N 8939W to
7355N 8824W to 7344N 7858W to 7514N 7505W to 7513N 7321W then
eastwards. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 29 September 2023 Tonight and Saturday At 0000 UTC Saturday departing low 1002 mb located at 83N 142W.
At 0000 UTC Saturday ridge located from 68N 117W to 66N 159W.
By 0000 UTC Sunday ridge from 1025 mb high located from 68N 115W
to 68N 168W.
By 0000 UTC Sunday low 994 mb located at 76N 160W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: