Issued 05:30 AM EDT 25 September 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind light today tonight and Tuesday.
Risk of freezing drizzle this morning. Scattered flurries beginning late this morning and ending Tuesday afternoon. Fog patches dissipating late this morning.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 24 September 2023 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Prince of Wales Island near 7350N
9935W to 7437N 9851W to Cornwallis Island near 7458N 9623W. Sea ice
northwest of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Cornwallis Island near 7533N 9414W to
Devon Island near 7615N 9347W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7428N 8652W to
Borden Peninsula near 7344N 8249W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Borden Peninsula near 7332N 8112W to
Bylot Island near 7333N 8052W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Fifth ice edge estimated from Bylot Island near 7319N 7646W to 7525N
7510W to 7520N 7329W then eastward. Sea ice northwest of the ice
Bergy water except 2 tenths old ice in the northwest section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 25 September 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 1200 UTC Monday dissipating low 1012 mb located at 79N 124W.
At 1200 UTC Monday ridge located over Banks Island extending
By 0000 UTC Wednesday ridge located from 72N 115W to 76N 154W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: