Issued 05:30 AM EDT 14 August 2022
Forecasts are unavailable until further request.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 14 August 2022 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 6131N 6331W to 6341N 5953W to 6451N
6208W to 6523N 5810W to 6549N 5741W then northward. Sea ice
northwest of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from 7300N 6527W to 7130N 6614W to 7200N
6956W to Baffin Island near 7140N 7233W. Sea ice south of the ice
Third ice edge estimated from Brodeur Peninsula near 7350N 8649W to
Devon Island near 7429N 8804W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7528N 7936W to
7618N 7433W then eastward. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 14 August 2022 Today Tonight and Monday At 1200 UTC Sunday trough located from 67N 155W to 67N 129W.
By 0000 UTC Tuesday trough located from 67N 159W to 69N 120W.
At 1200 UTC Sunday ridge located from 72N 168W to 72N 120W.
By 0000 UTC Tuesday ridge located from 73N 168W to 76N 120W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: