Issued 05:30 PM EDT 24 September 2023
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to east 15 knots after midnight and to east 20 early Monday morning. Wind increasing to east 30 early Monday afternoon and to northeast 35 Monday evening.
Rain or snow beginning near midnight becoming snow Monday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 September 2023 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 7258N 13920W to 7207N 13509W to 7215N
12914W to Banks Island near 7307N 12451W. Sea ice north of the ice
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7329N 11518W to
Victoria Island near 7321N 11444W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 7344N 10501W to
Prince of Wales Island near 7346N 10103W. Sea ice north of the ice
Fourth ice edge estimated from Brodeur Peninsula near 7143N 8953W to
7140N 9151W to Nunavut near 6913N 8923W. Sea ice east of the ice
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
McClintockIssued 5:30 PM EDT 24 September 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 24 September 2023 Tonight and Monday At 0000 UTC Monday departing low 1002 mb located at 72N 63W.
At 0000 UTC Tuesday approaching low 996 mb located at 70N 99W.
At 0000 UTC Monday departing high 1021 mb located at 73N 99W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: