Issued 05:30 AM EDT 25 September 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind east 20 knots backing to northeast 15 early this afternoon then increasing to northeast 20 late this afternoon. Wind increasing to north 30 late this evening and to north 35 overnight. Wind diminishing to northwest 25 Tuesday afternoon.
Snow becoming rain or snow near noon then snow this evening. Flurries Tuesday morning and afternoon. Visibility as low as 1 mile in precipitation.
Temperatures near plus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 September 2023 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 7258N 13920W to 7207N 13509W to 7215N
12914W to Banks Island near 7307N 12451W. Sea ice north of the ice
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7329N 11518W to
Victoria Island near 7321N 11444W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 7344N 10501W to
Prince of Wales Island near 7346N 10103W. Sea ice north of the ice
Fourth ice edge estimated from Brodeur Peninsula near 7143N 8953W to
7140N 9151W to Nunavut near 6913N 8923W. Sea ice east of the ice
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
McClintockIssued 05:30 AM EDT 25 September 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 25 September 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 1200 UTC Monday deepening low 1001 mb located at 67N 109W.
By 0000 UTC Wednesday low 991 mb located at 70N 80W.
At 1200 UTC Monday dissipating low 1012 mb located at 79N 124W.
At 1200 UTC Monday ridge located over Banks Island extending
By 0000 UTC Wednesday ridge located from 72N 115W to 76N 154W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: