Issued 07:00 AM MDT 21 September 2018
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind north 15 knots increasing to north 20 this morning then backing to northwest 15 this afternoon. Wind diminishing to light this evening then becoming northwest 15 early Saturday morning. Wind diminishing to light Saturday afternoon then becoming southwest 15 Saturday evening.
A few flurries beginning near midnight and ending early Saturday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures minus 3 rising to plus 2 Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 September 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Open water except 1 tenth old ice in the extreme northern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 21 September 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday At 1200 UTC Friday low 999 mb located at 62N 90W.
By 0000 UTC Sunday low 997 mb located at 58N 79W.
By 0000 UTC Sunday ridge located from 60N 100W to 72N 81W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: