Issued 07:00 AM MDT 18 September 2020
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind light increasing to east 20 knots early Saturday morning then diminishing to east 15 Saturday evening.
Fog patches dissipating near noon.
Temperatures near plus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 September 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 7025N 14120W to 6955N 14035W to 7020N
13150W to 7115N 12555W to 6955N 12140W to Victoria Island near 7050N
11755W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 6850N 10335W to
Nunavut near 6805N 10340W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Nunavut near 6940N 8525W to Baffin
Island near 7005N 8605W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Open water except 1 tenth old ice in the northern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 18 September 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday At 1200 UTC Friday low 1000 mb located at 77N 97W.
By 0000 UTC Sunday weakening low 1002 mb located at 70N 75W.
At 1200 UTC Friday intensifying trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the western Northwest Territories.
By 0000 UTC Sunday trough from 993 mb low located over 70N 118W
At 1200 UTC Friday trough from 988 mb low located from 68N 51W to
By 0000 UTC Sunday weakening trough from 1000 mb low located from
75N 62W to 78N 73W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: