Issued 07:00 AM MDT 19 September 2018
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northeast 15 knots becoming variable 5 to 15 near noon then becoming northeast 15 near midnight. Wind increasing to northeast 20 early Thursday morning then diminishing to northeast 15 Thursday afternoon. Wind diminishing to light Thursday evening.
Chance of flurries. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Temperatures near minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 19 September 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Open water except 1 tenth old ice in the extreme northern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 19 September 2018 Tonight and Thursday At 0000 UTC Thursday low 1002 mb located at 69N 103W.
By 0000 UTC Friday low 1003 mb located at 62N 95W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: