Issued 07:00 PM MDT 02 October 2022
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 35 knots backing to northwest 35 near midnight then diminishing to northwest 30 early Monday morning.
Snow with a risk of freezing rain early this evening changing to flurries Monday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 2 October 2022 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from near 7127N 14100W to 7035N 13605W to
7216N 12847W to Banks Island near 7158N 12553W. Sea ice north of the
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7146N 12026W to
Victoria Island near 7140N 11904W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 6914N 10152W to
6919N 10004W to 7035N 9937W to 7129N 10255W to 7254N 10353W to
Prince of Wales Island near 7344N 10107W. Sea ice north then west of
the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Prince of Wales Island near 7300N
9728W to Somerset Island near 7339N 9541W. Sea ice north of the ice
Fifth ice edge estimated from from Somerset Island near 7213N 9355W
to Brodeur Peninsula near 7236N 8945W. Sea ice north of the ice
Warnings (In effect)
MaudIssued 7:00 PM MDT 02 October 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 2 October 2022 Tonight and Monday At 0000 UTC Monday departing low 980 mb located at 67N 99W.
By 0000 UTC Tuesday building high 1026 mb located at 72N 132W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: