Issued 07:00 AM MDT 20 July 2019
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southeast 15 knots near noon and to southeast 25 this afternoon. Wind veering to southwest 25 this evening then increasing to west 45 near midnight. Wind veering to northwest 35 late overnight then diminishing to northwest 30 Sunday morning. Wind diminishing to northwest 20 near noon Sunday and to light Sunday afternoon. Wind becoming southeast 15 Sunday evening.
Rain beginning early this evening and ending late overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 July 2019 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
1 tenth old ice except 7 tenths old ice in the northern section.
Warnings (In effect)
MackenzieIssued 07:00 AM MDT 20 July 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 20 July 2019 Today Tonight and Sunday At 1200 UTC Saturday frontal system located over Beaufort Sea.
At 0600 UTC Sunday low 998 mb located over southern Beaufort Sea.
By 0000 UTC Monday high 1020 mb located over southern Beaufort Sea.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: