Issued 07:00 PM MDT 18 October 2019
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southeast 20 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 30 Saturday afternoon.
Periods of snow ending Saturday morning. Visibility as low as 1 mile in snow.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray beginning Saturday afternoon.
Temperatures near minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 October 2019 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Open water except 4 tenths new ice including 1 tenth grey ice along
Warnings (In effect)
MackenzieIssued 7:00 PM MDT 18 October 2019
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 18 October 2019 Tonight and Saturday At 0000 UTC Saturday quasi-stationary trough located over Arctic
Coast of Alaska.
At 0000 UTC Saturday ridge located from 81N 147W to 72N 89W.
By 0000 UTC Sunday ridge located from 67N 123W to 78N 120W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: