Issued 07:00 AM MDT 17 September 2019
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light becoming northwest 15 knots this afternoon then diminishing to light near midnight. Wind increasing to southeast 15 Wednesday afternoon then backing to east 20 Wednesday evening.
Showers changing to rain near midnight and ending late overnight. Rain beginning Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 17 September 2019 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 7330N 13645W to 7150N 13540W to 7145N
13915W to 7025N 13820W to Northwest Territories near 7025N 12810W.
Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Boothia Peninsula near 7155N 9425W to
7155N 9355W to 7200N 9350W to Somerset Island near 7205N 9400W. Sea
ice west of the ice edge.
Open water except 1 tenth of old ice in the northern sections.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 17 September 2019 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 1200 UTC Tuesday quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over eastern Beaufort Sea.
At 1200 UTC Tuesday quasi-stationary trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the coast of Alaska.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: