Issued 07:00 AM MDT 16 August 2018
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 35 knots diminishing to west 25 this morning and to west 15 late this afternoon. Wind increasing to west 20 this evening and to west 30 early Friday morning. Wind diminishing to northwest 15 Friday evening.
Rain ending early Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 16 August 2018 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Open water except 2 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old
ice in the western section.
Warnings (In effect)
MackenzieIssued 08:27 AM MDT 16 August 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 16 August 2018 Today Tonight and Friday At 1200 UTC Thursday deepening low 985 mb located at 77N 119W.
By 0000 UTC Saturday low 982 mb located at 72N 107W.
At 1200 UTC Thursday dissipating trough from 985 mb low located
over 72N 126W extending westward.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: