Issued 07:00 AM MDT 01 October 2023
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind south 25 knots diminishing to south 15 near noon and to light early this evening. Wind becoming northwest 15 Monday afternoon.
Periods of drizzle beginning this evening changing to showers early Monday evening then to snow Monday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 1 October 2023 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 7258N 13755W to 7145N 13251W to 7158N
12714W to Banks Island near 7210N 12543W. Sea ice north of the ice
Second ice edge estimated from Stefansson Island near 7320N 10431W
to Prince of Wales Island near 7326N 10128W. Sea ice north of the
Third ice edge estimated from Brodeur Peninsula near 7211N 8954W to
7213N 9210W to 7053N 9223W to Nunavut near 7022N 9144W. Sea ice east
of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 1 October 2023 Today Tonight and Monday At 1200 UTC Sunday intensifying low 988 mb located at 79N 158W.
By 0000 UTC Tuesday low 986 mb located at 86N 155W.
By 0000 UTC Tuesday trough located from 68N 126W to 74N 130W then
to 79N 119W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: