Issued 07:00 AM MDT 19 August 2018
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind west 20 knots diminishing to west 15 near noon and to light early this evening. Wind light Monday.
Light rain ending early this morning. A few showers beginning this afternoon and changing to chance of drizzle tonight and Monday. Mist becoming fog this evening. Visibility as low as 1 mile in mist and 1 mile or less in fog.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 August 2018 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Open water except 2 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old
ice in the western section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 19 August 2018 Today Tonight and Monday At 1200 UTC Sunday ridge located from 77N 168W to 68N 135W.
By 0000 UTC Tuesday quasi-stationary ridge from 1028 mb high
located from 79N 168W to 68N 122W.
At 1200 UTC Sunday dissipating trough located off Arctic Coast
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: