Issued 07:00 AM MDT 29 September 2022
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 35 knots diminishing to southeast 30 this afternoon and to southeast 20 near midnight. Wind diminishing to west 15 late overnight then increasing to west 20 Friday morning. Wind increasing to west 25 Friday afternoon.
Scattered flurries Friday afternoon and evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 September 2022 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from near 7127N 14100W to 7025N 13550W to
7110N 13116W to 7257N 12825W to 7251N 12559W Banks Island near 7158N
12553W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7107N 12312W to
7050N 12301W to Victoria Island 7140N 11904W. Sea ice north of the
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 6914N 10152W to
6919N 10042W to 7018N 10024W to 7113N 10221W to 7238N 10429W to
7346N 10336W then northeastward. Sea ice north then west of the ice
Fourth ice edge estimated from Somerset Island near 7244N 9207W to
Brodeur Peninsula near 7238N 8937W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Fifth ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 7014N 8753W to
Nunavut 6915N 8900W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Warnings (In effect)
MackenzieIssued 07:00 AM MDT 29 September 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 29 September 2022 Today Tonight and Friday At 1200 UTC Thursday trough located from 68N 156W to 69N 136W.
By 0000 UTC Saturday low 995 mb located at 74N 139W.
At 1200 UTC Thursday departing ridge located from 74N 168W to
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: