Issued 05:30 AM EDT 11 August 2022
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 15 knots veering to southwest 20 early this morning then increasing to southwest 30 late this morning. Wind diminishing to light late this afternoon then increasing to northwest 15 early this evening. Wind increasing to northwest 30 after midnight and to northwest 40 overnight. Wind diminishing to northwest 30 Friday afternoon.
Rain changing to snow after midnight and ending near noon Friday. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 11 August 2022 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
2 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9 tenths
first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the southern and
western section. Strong ice pressure along the coast of King William
Island developing this evening and continuing Friday.
Warnings (In effect)
LarsenIssued 08:25 AM EDT 11 August 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
LarsenIssued 10:00 AM EDT 11 August 2022
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 11 August 2022 Today Tonight and Friday At 1200 UTC Thursday low 982 mb located at 71N 100W.
By 0000 UTC Saturday low 983 mb located at 73N 92W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: