Issued 05:30 AM EDT 13 August 2022
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northwest 30 knots diminishing to northwest 15 early this evening then backing to southwest 15 after midnight. Wind veering to northwest 15 Sunday afternoon then diminishing to light Sunday evening.
Periods of snow changing to scattered showers near midnight and ending Sunday afternoon. Visibility as low as 1 mile in snow.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 13 August 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
3 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9 tenths
first-year ice including a trace of old ice near the coast of King
William Island. Strong ice pressure along parts of the coast of King
William Island today and easing this evening.
Warnings (In effect)
LarsenIssued 10:00 AM EDT 13 August 2022
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 13 August 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday At 1200 UTC Saturday merging low 989 mb located at 72N 90W.
At 1200 UTC Saturday merging low 995 mb located at 75N 130W.
By 0000 UTC Monday weakening low 1000 mb located at 74N 83W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: