Issued 05:30 PM EDT 17 August 2022
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind north 15 knots diminishing to light late this evening then increasing to southeast 15 early Thursday afternoon. Wind increasing to southeast 35 Thursday evening.
Showers Thursday evening. Fog patches forming Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 17 August 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
3 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9 tenths
first-year ice including a trace of old ice along parts of the coast
of Victoria Island in the extreme western section.
Warnings (In effect)
LarsenIssued 5:30 PM EDT 17 August 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 17 August 2022 Tonight and Thursday At 0000 UTC Thursday dissipating ridge located from 76N 140W to
At 0000 UTC Thursday low 993 mb located over Alaska.
By 0000 UTC Friday deepening trough from 989 mb low located over
Banks Island extending eastward.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: