Issued 05:30 PM EDT 24 September 2022
Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind north 35 knots diminishing to north 30 late this evening and to northwest 20 early Sunday morning.
Snow changing to scattered flurries near midnight. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 September 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from near 7128N 14100W to 7028N 13555W to
7138N 13106W to 7429N 12830W to Banks Island near 7328N 12422W. Sea
ice north and west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7307N 11706W to
Victoria Island near 7259N 11648W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 6914N 10149W to
6923N 10048W to 7018N 10025W to 7245N 10457W to near 7346N 10400W
then northeastward sea ice north then west of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 7015N 8749W to
6919N 8811W to Nunavut near 6931N 9031W. Sea ice east then south of
the ice edge.
Warnings (In effect)
LarsenIssued 5:30 PM EDT 24 September 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 24 September 2022 Tonight and Sunday At 0000 UTC Sunday low 989 mb located at 68N 97W.
By 0000 UTC Monday weakening low 998 mb located at 73N 75W.
At 0000 UTC Sunday low 993 mb located at 84N 62W.
By 0000 UTC Monday weakening low 1001 mb located at 87N 66W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: