Issued 05:30 AM EDT 01 October 2023
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to north 15 Monday afternoon.
Flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 1 October 2023 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 7258N 13755W to 7145N 13251W to 7158N
12714W to Banks Island near 7210N 12543W. Sea ice north of the ice
Second ice edge estimated from Stefansson Island near 7320N 10431W
to Prince of Wales Island near 7326N 10128W. Sea ice north of the
Third ice edge estimated from Brodeur Peninsula near 7211N 8954W to
7213N 9210W to 7053N 9223W to Nunavut near 7022N 9144W. Sea ice east
of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 1 October 2023 Today Tonight and Monday At 1200 UTC Sunday weakening trough from 992 mb low located from
66N 81W to 76N 95W.
By 0000 UTC Tuesday trough located from 67N 74W to 71N 100W.
At 1200 UTC Sunday weakening ridge located from 67N 111W to 74N
113W then to 81N 69W.
By 0000 UTC Tuesday ridge located from 67N 101W to 73N 104W then
to 80N 70W.
By 0000 UTC Tuesday trough located from 68N 126W to 74N 130W then
to 79N 119W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: