Issued 05:30 AM EDT 15 August 2018
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind west 20 knots veering to northwest 25 this morning then diminishing to northwest 15 this afternoon. Wind backing to southwest 15 this evening then increasing to southwest 20 late overnight. Wind backing to south 25 Thursday evening.
Rain ending this morning. A few showers and a few flurries beginning Thursday morning.
Temperatures plus 3 falling to minus 2 after midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 15 August 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
5 tenths first-year ice including 1 tenth old ice except 9 plus
tenths first-year ice including 2 tenths of old ice in the northern
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 15 August 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday At 1200 UTC Wednesday departing trough located over Somerset Island
At 1200 UTC Wednesday dissipating ridge from high located over
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: