Issued 05:30 PM EDT 18 August 2022
Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 knots increasing to southeast 35 early this evening then diminishing to southwest 25 late overnight. Wind southwest 25 Friday.
Periods of rain overnight and Friday. Fog forming Friday afternoon.
Low tonight zero. High Friday plus 5.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 August 2022 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
3 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9 tenths
first-year ice including a trace of old ice along parts of the coast
of Victoria Island in the extreme western section.
Warnings (In effect)
LarsenIssued 5:30 PM EDT 18 August 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 18 August 2022 Tonight and Friday At 0000 UTC Friday deepening low 988 mb located at 71N 121W.
By 0000 UTC Saturday low 983 mb located at 73N 103W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: