Issued 07:00 AM MDT 17 August 2018
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southwest 20 knots increasing to west 30 this morning. Wind westerly 25 tonight. Wind northwest 25 increasing to northwest 30 near noon Saturday.
Rain and periods of snow changing to chance of flurries today and tonight then to a few flurries early Saturday morning. A few showers and chance of flurries ending Saturday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 17 August 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 17 August 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday At 1200 UTC Friday trough from 983 mb low located from 74N 124W
to 75N 101W then to 67N 89W.
By 0000 UTC Sunday trough from 985 mb low located from 74N 104W
to 70N 82W then to 65N 88W.
At 1200 UTC Friday ridge located from 76N 173W to 69N 155W then
to 69N 138W.
By 0000 UTC Sunday ridge located from 78N 174W to 74N 151W then
to 69N 130W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: