Issued 07:00 PM MDT 04 October 2023
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northwest 15 knots increasing to northwest 25 this evening and to northwest 30 near midnight. Wind diminishing to north 15 Thursday morning.
Flurries ending Thursday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 4 October 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 7257N 13837W to 7233N 13732W to 7142N
13340W to 7158N 12714W to Banks Island near 7210N 12543W. Sea ice
north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7308N 11656W to
Victoria Island near 7302N 11637W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 7241N 10519W to
Prince of Wales Island near 7326N 10128W. Sea ice north of the ice
Fourth ice edge estimated from Brodeur Peninsula near 7155N 9006W to
7135N 9207W to 7029N 9113W to Nunavut near 6915N 8919W. Sea ice east
of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 4 October 2023 Tonight and Thursday At 0000 UTC Thursday quasi-stationary low 1008 mb located at
At 0000 UTC Thursday ridge located from 68N 134W to 84N 121W.
By 0000 UTC Friday ridge located from 68N 124W to 84N 130W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: