Issued 07:00 PM MDT 10 August 2022
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind west 30 knots diminishing to northwest 20 late overnight then backing to west 25 early Thursday evening.
Flurries beginning overnight changing to showers near noon Thursday. Fog patches dissipating late overnight. Visibility 1 mile or less in fog patches and in flurries.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 10 August 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
1 tenth first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 3 tenths
first-year ice including a trace of old ice in Minto Inlet.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 10 August 2022 Tonight and Thursday At 0000 UTC Thursday trough located from 81N 159W to 76N 120W.
By 0000 UTC Friday low 988 mb located at 77N 138W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: