Issued 07:00 AM MDT 12 August 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind light becoming northwest 15 knots near midnight then diminishing to light late overnight. Wind light Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 12 August 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Open water except 1 tenth old ice in the northern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 12 August 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday At 1200 UTC Wednesday weakening low 1003 mb located at 81N 106W.
By 0000 UTC Friday dissipating low 1006 mb located at 78N 91W.
At 1200 UTC Wednesday building ridge located over Arctic Coast of
Alaska extending eastward.
By 0000 UTC Friday ridge located off Victoria Island.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: