Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 13 May 2021
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind northwest 5 to 15 knots becoming light late this afternoon then increasing to southeast 10 to 15 early Friday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 15 to 20 near noon Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 13 May 2021 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Friday ridge located from the Central Coast
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:18 AM PDT 13 May 2021 A ridge of high pressure in a northeast to southwest line over Haida
Gwaii will stall today. The ridge will slowly move eastward on Friday
and lie over the Central Coast by Friday afternoon. Ahead of the
ridge, gale force northwesterlies will develop through Johnstone
Strait and over west coast Vancouver Island Friday afternoon.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: