Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 13 July 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southeast 10 to 15 knots early this morning then veering to south 15 to 20 this afternoon. Wind increasing to south 25 to 35 Tuesday morning then diminishing to southwest 15 Tuesday afternoon.
Showers ending early this morning. Rain Tuesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 13 July 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 13 July 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located west of the offshore
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line
northwest-southeast over Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday frontal system located off Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday frontal system located over Hecate Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 AM PDT 13 July 2020 A frontal system offshore will approach the North Coast tonight and
Tuesday. Ahead of the system, winds will rise to strong to gale force
southeasterlies on Tuesday over Dixon Entrance East and Northern
Hecate Strait. Winds will ease to moderate to strong southwesterlies
behind the frontal system Tuesday evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: