Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 16 July 2020
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind west 5 to 15 knots diminishing to light near noon then becoming variable 5 to 15 near midnight. Wind variable 5 to 15 Friday.
Showers ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 16 July 2020 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Lower Mainland.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today dissipating frontal system located over
northern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located west of the offshore waters.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday ridge located on a line north-south
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 AM PDT 16 July 2020 A ridge of high pressure west of Vancouver Island will produce
Gale force westerly winds through Juan de Fuca Strait this
Afternoon and evening. The winds will ease after midnight as the
Another ridge of high pressure west of the offshore waters will shift
eastward to lie over Bowie by Friday morning then reach Haida Gwaii
by Friday afternoon. Strong to gale force northwesterly winds will
develop over west coast Vancouver Island Friday afternoon.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: