Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 18 November 2019
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southerly 5 to 15 knots becoming variable 5 to 15 this morning then increasing to northwest 15 to 25 early this evening. Wind diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 Tuesday evening.
Showers ending this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 18 November 2019 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today low located west of Explorer.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing low located near Seattle.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary trough located from the
North Coast to Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday building ridge located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:49 AM PST 18 November 2019 A low pressure system will move into Explorer today bringing east
To southeast strong to gale force winds to the region. The low will
move across Northwestern Washington state this evening and move into
the BC Interior overnight. In the wake of the low, strong to gale
force northwest winds will develop over most central and southern
waters tonight and persist through Tuesday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: