Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 16 October 2021
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southeast 10 to 20 knots diminishing to light early this evening. Wind light Sunday.
Showers ending overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 16 October 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over central Vancouver Island.
By 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight dissipating frontal system located over
the Lower Mainland.
At 8:00 a.m. PDT Sunday ridge located over Bowie.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Sunday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 11:00 p.m. PDT Sunday approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:30 AM PDT 16 October 2021 A frontal wave over Southern Vancouver Island will continue to give
strong to gale force south to southeast winds near the west entrance
of Juan de Fuca Strait this morning then easing this afternoon.
Strong to gale force southeast winds will also continue over the
Strait of Georgia north of Nanaimo then easing this afternoon.
Another strong frontal system will approach Bowie Sunday evening
bringing southeast gales to the region.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: