Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 31 January 2023
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 early this morning then diminishing to southerly 15 to 25 late this afternoon. Wind southerly 15 to 25 tonight and Wednesday.
Periods of rain. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 31 January 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 31 January 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located on a line
northwest-southeast over Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today departing frontal system located from the
North Coast to the Central Coast.
At 9:30 p.m. PST Wednesday approaching frontal system located
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:40 AM PST 31 January 2023 A frontal system will track across Haida Gwaii today and move onto
the north and Central Coast this evening. Ahead of the front, gale
force southeasterlies will develop over northern and central coastal
waters this morning. In its wake, winds will ease to strong
southerlies this afternoon, but southeast gales will persist over the
Central Coast tonight through Wednesday.
A second frontal system will approach the offshore waters Wednesday
night. Ahead of the front, southeast gales will develop over southern
and central waters Wednesday evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: