Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 17 February 2019
Tonight and Monday.
Wind north 20 knots diminishing to north 15 early this evening and to variable 10 late overnight. Wind becoming south 5 to 15 Monday morning then becoming northwest 10 to 15 Monday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 17 February 2019 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
By 4:00 p.m. PST today weakening trough located on a line
north-south over the Central Coast.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 1:00 a.m. PST Monday dissipating ridge located on a line
north-south over Langara.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:39 PM PST 17 February 2019 A ridge of high pressure over the B.C. Interior will remain nearly
stationary tonight. A trough of low pressure over the Central Coast
will gradually weaken. Gale force outflow winds through the mainland
inlets will diminish to strong tonight as the trough weakens.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: