Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 24 September 2020
Tonight and Friday.
Wind southerly 15 to 25 knots becoming southwest 15 late this evening then diminishing to light after midnight. Wind increasing to southwest 15 Friday morning and to southwesterly 15 to 25 Friday afternoon.
Rain changing to showers overnight. Risk of thunderstorms tonight and Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 24 September 2020 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight deepening low 992 mb located over Explorer.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday departing low 990 mb located over the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:10 PM PDT 24 September 2020 An intensifying low over Northern Explorer will track across Northern
Vancouver Island overnight and onto the Central Coast early Friday
morning. Ahead of the low, gale to storm force southeast winds will
develop over the southern waters tonight. Winds will shift to gale
force westerlies in the wake of the front and gradually ease to
moderate to strong on Friday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: