Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 17 January 2020
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots increasing to easterly 30 to 40 early this afternoon and to southeast 40 to 50 Saturday morning. Wind diminishing to south 25 to 35 Saturday afternoon.
Snow beginning near midnight changing to rain Saturday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures minus 2 rising to plus 7 Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 10:30 AM PST 17 January 2020
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 17 January 2020 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over northern
At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located west of Explorer.
By 10:00 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located over eastern
By 6:00 a.m. PST Saturday weakening frontal system located from
Haida Gwaii to Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:29 AM PST 17 January 2020 An Arctic ridge of high pressure will remain over the British
Columbia Interior this week. Gale to storm force northeasterly
outflow winds will prevail through all coastal inlets. Moderate to
severe freezing spray will continue near the central and northern
coastal inlets today through Saturday.
An intense frontal system will cross offshore waters today. Gale to
storm force southeasterlies are expected to develop ahead of the
system and will affect all marine regions tonight. Hurricane force
southeasterlies are possible over sections of central waters tonight.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: