Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 25 September 2022
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 this morning then becoming southeast 20 to 30 early this evening. Wind southeast 20 to 30 Monday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 25 September 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 25 September 2022 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over the
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today trough located over Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT today trough located over the North Coast.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Monday weakening frontal system located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:38 AM PDT 25 September 2022 A trough will move from Bowie into northern waters this morning.
Ahead of the trough, southeasterly gales will develop over East Dixon
and Northern Hecate Strait.
A frontal system will begin to approach Bowie tonight. Ahead of the
system, southeast gales will develop across Bowie tonight then spread
to waters just west of Haida Gwaii Monday morning. The winds are
expected to ease below gales by Monday afternoon.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: