Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 20 September 2023
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southerly 5 to 15 knots late this evening then backing to southeast 15 to 20 after midnight. Wind becoming southeast 15 to 25 late overnight then increasing to southeast 25 to 35 Thursday morning.
Showers overnight and Thursday. Fog patches forming late overnight and dissipating near noon Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM PDT 20 September 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 20 September 2023 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located from
Explorer to the Central Coast.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT Thursday cold front located from Bowie to the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:15 PM PDT 20 September 2023 A cold front will track across Bowie on Thursday and then Haida Gwaii
in the evening. Ahead of the front, southwesterly gales will develop
over Northern Bowie tonight and spread to northern waters Thursday
morning. In its wake, winds will ease to moderate to strong
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: