Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 28 May 2022
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind light becoming northwest 15 knots late overnight then becoming northwest 5 to 15 near noon Sunday except northwest 20 near the mainland coast.
Showers ending overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 28 May 2022 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight building ridge located west of the
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Sunday approaching ridge located near the offshore
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:18 PM PDT 28 May 2022 A building ridge of high pressure offshore will move towards the
coast tonight. Winds over West Vancouver Island south will rise to
marginal gale force northwesterlies near midnight and weaken Sunday
morning. Winds through Juan de Fuca Strait will also rise to marginal
gale force westerlies late overnight and last through Sunday morning.
Winds will remain strong through Sunday but will likely remain below
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: