Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 05 December 2022
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northerly 10 to 20 knots becoming variable 5 to 15 early this morning then increasing to northwest 15 to 25 near midnight. Wind becoming northwest 10 to 20 Tuesday morning then backing to southwest 10 to 20 near noon Tuesday.
Periods of drizzle beginning overnight changing to rain Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 5 December 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary high located west of Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary trough located west of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 AM PST 5 December 2022 An Arctic ridge of high pressure over the British Columbia Interior
is creating gale force northeasterly outflow winds through the
mainland inlets along the North Coast. Winds are expected to weaken
later this morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: