Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 30 November 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind northwest 25 to 35 knots diminishing to west 15 to 25 this morning then backing to south 15 to 25 this afternoon. Wind increasing to south 30 to 40 this evening and to southeast 45 to 55 near midnight. Wind southeast 45 to 55 Tuesday.
Rain overnight and Tuesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 30 November 2020
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 30 November 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today departing frontal system located on a line
north-south over Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary frontal system located
west of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 AM PST 30 November 2020 A frontal system over Vancouver Island will move out of the region
this morning. In the wake of the front, strong to gale force
northwesterly winds over most BC waters will weaken later this
Another frontal system will approach Bowie this afternoon. The system
will stall over west of Bowie tonight through Tuesday. Ahead of the
system, gale to storm force southerly winds will prevail over
northern and central waters.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Heading to Banff or Jasper National Parks this winter?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. North and South highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: