Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 24 June 2018
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind southeast 20 to 25 knots diminishing to southeast 10 to 20 early this afternoon and to light late overnight. Wind light Monday.
A few showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 24 June 2018 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today cold front located on a line north-south
over Hecate Strait.
By midnight PDT tonight cold front located on a line north-south
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low 1005 mb located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Monday dissipating low located over northeastern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:49 AM PDT 24 June 2018 Strong to gale force westerly winds are expected to return to eastern
portions of Juan de Fuca Strait late this afternoon with the approach
of a cold front. Strong to gale force winds will persist through to
late Monday morning.
Winds are also expected to be gusty and shifting direction this
afternoon in the Southern Strait of Georgia with the approach of the
front. Strong northwesterlies on the mainland side will approach 25
knots early this evening before shifting to southerly and easing to
moderate late this evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: