Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 05 May 2021
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 30 to 40 early Thursday morning then diminishing to south 25 Thursday evening.
Showers this evening and Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PDT 05 May 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 5 May 2021 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low 994 mb located west of the offshore
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Thursday low 993 mb located over northern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:01 PM PDT 5 May 2021 A low just southwest of Bowie offshore will move northward and stall
over Bowie tonight. Ahead of the low, southeasterly gale force
Winds will spread throughout northern, central and offshore waters
Winds will veer to westerly gale force over Southern Bowie, southern
west coast Haida Gwaii and Queen Charlotte Sound by early Thursday
morning. Southeast gales will persist for most of the North Coast on
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: