Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 22 January 2022
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots becoming southeast 30 to 40 near noon then diminishing to southeast 20 to 30 late this evening. Wind diminishing to south 10 to 20 Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 22 January 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 22 January 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over the
At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing frontal system located near
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:32 AM PST 22 January 2022 A frontal system will remain stalled over Bowie this morning. During
this period, southerly gales will persist across Bowie and parts of
the northern waters. This afternoon, the front will begin to weaken
and push across the North Coast and consequently winds will gradually
Over the South Coast, winds will be light under a quasi-stationary
ridge for several days. Visibility may be limited by persistent
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: